Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Journey into the Realm of Self-realisation

The title might seem a little misleading/vague/ambiguous but what it really wants to convey is the joy and memories that I experienced when I was on my trip across 6 different countries with 4 different types of comrades. Journey from the dual-continent of Turkey (Istanbul) across eastern europe and finally ending in the minute-breathtaking Malta.

The breakdown of the overall journey is reflected below:
1. Turkey (Istanbul)
2. Bulgaria (Sofia)
3. Hungary (Budapest)
4. Austria (Vienna)
5. Italy (Venice, Florence, Rome)
6. Malta

Before the start of the journey dated on the 24th of July 2012, I had the final paper of my undergraduate degree ever and was extremely exhausted and even had the thought of that I should postpone or cancel this trip. But, if I did postpone or called it off, it would be the worst decision ever I'd ever made in my entire life so far.

To KISS (keep it short and simple),

All in all, this journey has brought myself to understand people better especially my fellow comrades. I would  like to thank each and everyone of you that has made this trip an unforgettable one which I will definitely cherish for the rest of my life! All of us might be heading to different paths in the future in our lives, but rest assured, we shall definitely keep in touch!

Last but not least, I know I might have talked too much or uttered words which could had or might had hurt the people I travelled with (That's just me I guess). Therefore, I would like to apologise if I did offend anyone of you. Peace!

My first attempt to construct a poem since I don't know when. Hope it doesn't sound shitty :D

First time we meet,
All looked as if it was Greek,
We joked as if we're on weed,
It was then an absolute kick,



The journey was not an abyss,
Where goodbyes will always be the beast,
Out of sight, never out of mind,
Memories of this journey will always be with my heartbeat.


Signing off with a blast,
马志勇

PS - I'm officially a motherf***ing chemical ! XD













No comments: